**TAMBOPATA PERU NATURE (4DAYS/3NIGTHS)
DAY 1: PUERTO MALDONADO – TAMBOPATA PERU NATURE – CACHUELA LODGE
You are welcomed and pick-up from the airport/coach terminal of Puerto Maldonado by our Representative to take you to our office where you can leave your baggage not necessary for the trip.
Then, we transfer you to a local port where you board a motorboat and navigate up the Madre de Dios River. On the way, we observe various mammal species such as turtles, birds, lizards, monkeys and much more, until we reach Cachuela Lodge where we accommodate ourselves before we are served lunch too. Afterwards, we go for a walk to the surrounded jungle.
Optional: Canopy, zip-line and a night walk.
DAY 2: TAMBOPATA PERU NATURE CACHUELA LODGE – SANDOVAL LAKE – MONKEY ISLAND – SANDOVAL LAKE LODGE OR MALOKA LODGE
Very early before breakfast, we head for the nearby Cachuela clay-lick to observe macaws gathering to eat clay helping them to digest and get off toxins contained in jungle trees and plants.
After this activity, we get back to the lodge to have breakfast supplying us with more energy to later board a motorboat and navigate down the Madre de Dios River watching animals such as turtles, caimans, lizards and others around its shores. Then, we shortly stop at the Monkey Island to view some of its 3 monkey species. Later on, we continue to a checkpoint of the Sandoval Lake Reserve and after passing a check we start walking for 5 km to reach Sandoval Lake where we take a canoe bringing us to the Sandoval Lake Lodge. There, we accommodate ourselves and after lunch we return sailing the lake in a canoe to see its typical inhabitants – giant river otters, black caimans, a prehistoric bird shansho, herons, cormorants, kingfisher, etc.
Then, we return to the lodge for dinner to later get back to the lake again, this time to undertake an evening caiman observation because caimans are nocturnal animals. Our professional naturalist Tour Guide shows and explains us about these animals. We overnight in the lodge.
DAY 3: SANDOVAL LAKE LODGE – COLLPA DE PALMERAS – TAMBOPATA PERU NATURESANDOVAL LAKE
Another early wake up expects us today as we go to the surroundings of the Sandoval Lake where huge number of various palms grow in its water creating an area of marsh.
This place is called Collpa de Palmeras and it attracts various macaw species and other parrots to eat sawdust of its palms as it contains sodium, calcium, potassium and other minerals helping them to digest. Then, we go back to the lodge to be given breakfast. Later, we take a next trip going to observe stunning flora and fauna of the Sandoval Lake Reserve. We can appreciate monkeys, deer, wild boars, tapirs or spectacled bears, just to name a few. For lunch, we get back to the lodge. Afterwards, we have given some time off to rest or enjoy a bath in the Sandoval Lake (no worries, there are no piranhas or other danger animals during the day).
Then, we board a canoe to cross the lake to a place where we can better appreciate a beautiful sunset above the lake! At 7 pm, we return to the lodge for dinner while waiting for the moonlight, a suitable time to go watching caimans again! An overnight is in the lodge.
DAY 4: SANDOVAL LAKE LODGE OR MALOKA LODGE – SANDOVAL LAKE – PUERTO MALDONADO
After breakfast, we first board a canoe to sail over the Sandoval Lake and then we walk back to the checkpoint and from there, we continue sailing the Madre de Dios River by a motorboat towards Puerto Maldonado. We pick our baggage up in our office and then, we are transferred either to the airport or the coach terminal.
End of service
You need to be vaccinated against Yellow Fever as well as to bring some anti-malaria tablets with you!!
INCLUDED IN THE AMAZON – SANDOVAL LAKE:
• A professional naturalist Tour Guide;
• Motorboat transportation;
• Private vehicle land transportation;
• Entrance fee to the Sandoval Lake Reserve;
• A professional Cook,
• Meals: 3x breakfast, 3x lunch, 3x dinner and drinking water (Please note: vegetarian option upon request for no extra cost!);
• Accommodation: 3 nights in lodges;
• First aid kit, including a poison extractor, mosquito bite treatment and an antidote for a snake bite;
• Radio communications;
• Rubber boots.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE AMAZON – SANDOVAL LAKE:
• Any flight nor airport departure taxes;
• Travel insurance;
• Breakfast on the first day and dinner on the last day;
• Tips to local staff.
WHAT TO TAKE WITH YOU TO THE AMAZON – SANDOVAL LAKE:
• Mosquito repellent (DEET 35 recommended as a MINIMUM!!),
• Original passport,
• Small backpack,
• Long sleeved cotton shirts (preferably green coloured),
• Long cotton trousers,
• Cotton long socks (to be put into your trousers),
• Comfortable walking shoes,
• Sandals or light shoes,
• Rain gear (e.g. rain poncho),
• Sweater (for the beginning of the tour in Andes and the cloud forest only),
• Binoculars (we also rent it),
• Camera and its charger,
• Plastic bags to be used for clothes and a camera,
• A hat as a protection against the Sun or rain,
• Small towel,
• Toilet paper,
• Antibacterial gel,
• Sun cream,
• Flashlight (with spare bulb and batteries),
• A bottled water (1 litre as a minimum),
• Pocket money (Soles) to buy some beverages and souvenirs as well as to tip.