** MANU 4 DAYS 3 NIGTHS:
DAY 1: PILCOPATA – ATALAYA – RAINFOREST LODGE – MANU PERUVIAN JUNGLE
We leave Cusco early in the morning to start our adventurous trip! First, we are taken by private transport to the place called Ninamarca to observe pre-Incan “chullpas” (tombs) of the Lupaca’s culture. Then, we continue to Paucartambo, a colonial town with narrow streets and beautiful church, where people still keep their old customs. Later, we ascend to Acjanaco Pass (3,550 masl) considered as an entrance to the Manu National Park and then we get to the viewpoint Tres Cruces de Oro (3,700 masl) to watch one of the best sunrises of the world! From there, we start descending to the edge of the Manu jungle passing first an elfin forest and there a cloud forest where we can view a cock of the rock, hummingbirds, strikingly coloured quetzals, trogons, spotted flycatcher and woolly monkey. From flora, we can view a variety of orchids, mosses, ferns, etc. Finally, we get to Pilcopata (700 masl) where our first accommodation – Tikari Lodge is placed. We can refresh ourselves there having a shower and after that, we are served dinner, before we get to bed.
DAY 2: PILCOPATA – ATALAYA – RAINFOREST LODGE – MANU PERUVIAN JUNGLE
After breakfast, we continue our journey by private car (one and half an hour) towards the port at Atalaya (500 m.a.s.l). There, we board a motorized boat to continue for about half an hour navigating on the Alto Madre de Dios River. Along the rocky riversides, we have a great opportunity to observe the river wildlife like many birds, turtles or sunbathing lizards. In the afternoon, we reach our next lodge – Rainforest Lodge. Then we go to explore nearby paths where we can see a big diversity of species, for example, tarantulas, ants, butterflies, some monkey species, huge trees, erotic plants, palms, etc. After that, we return to our lodge to overnight.
Optional: A night walk.
DAY 3: RAINFOREST LODGE – MACHUWASI LAKE – MANU PERUVIAN JUNGLE
We wake up very early today after having nice dreams to explore a deeper part of the Peruvian jungle getting to know its particular flora and fauna! This special place offers you an opportunity to view its endemic species hidden in the deep Manu as well as medicinal plants used by local native people to heal various sicknesses!! If we are lucky, we can also spot big animals such as a jaguar, a puma, wild boars, capybaras, anteaters, etc. After that, we get back to our lodge for lunch. Then, we have a short break to enjoy a refreshing bath in a river or just relax in the lodge. In the afternoon, we go to visit Machuwasi Lake to check out a sail in “remos” (hollowed tree trunks used by natives of the area). This is a perfect way on how to watch a big diversity of local animal species such as a prehistoric bird called hoatzin, some caimans, capybaras or monkeys Tocon (Callicebus oenanthe). Later on, we return to the lodge to spend the night.
Optional: A night walk.
DAY 4: MANU PERUVIAN JUNGLE – RAINFOREST LODGE – PARROT CLAY-LICK – ATALAYA – CUSCO
After breakfast, we board a motor boat taking us to a 10 minute far away clay-lick of parrots, budgerigars and aras (guacamayo) which is an unforgettable experience! After this activity, we return to the lodge to have breakfast. Then we re-board our boat to start returning. Our first stop is in the Atalaya Port where our private vehicle awaits us to take us back to Cusco arriving there between 7 and 7:30 pm.
You need to be vaccinated against Yellow Fever as well as to bring some anti-malaria tablets with you!!
INCLUDED IN THE MANU – PERUVIAN JUNGLE:
• A professional naturalist Tour Guide.
• Motorboat transportation.
• Private vehicle land transportation.
• A professional Cook.
• Meals: 3x breakfast, 3x lunch, 3x dinner and drinking water (Please note: vegetarian option upon request for no extra cost!);
• Accommodation: 3 nights in jungle lodges;
• First aid kit, including a poison extractor, mosquito bite treatment and an antidote for a snake bite;
• Life jackets;
• Radio communications;
• Rubber boots.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE MANU – PERUVIAN JUNGLE:
• Any flight nor airport departure taxes;
• Travel insurance;
• Breakfast on the first day and dinner on the last day;
• Tips to local staff.
WHAT TO TAKE WITH YOU TO THE MANU – PERUVIAN JUNGLE:
• Mosquito repellent (DEET 35 recommended as a MINIMUM!!),
• Original passport,
• A sleeping bag (you can rent it from us too!),
• Small backpack,
• Long sleeved cotton shirts (preferably green coloured),
• Long cotton trousers,
• Cotton long socks (to be put into your trousers),
• Comfortable walking shoes,
• Sandals or light shoes,
• Rain gear (e.g. rain poncho),
• Sweater (for the beginning of the tour in Andes and the cloud forest only),
• Binoculars (we also rent it),
• Camera and its charger,
• Plastic bags to be used for clothes and a camera,
• A hat as a protection against the Sun or rain,
• Small towel,
• Toilet paper,
• Antibacterial gel,
• Sun cream,
• Flashlight (with spare bulb and batteries),
• A bottled water (1 litre as a minimum),
• Pocket money (Soles) to buy some beverages and souvenirs as well as to tip.